Database administrator (MSSQL & Oracle)
Wat ga je doen?
You are responsible for daily operations of the DB environments containing multiple database platforms as well as for the delivery towards our internal customers, mainly DevOps teams. Primary focus will be on our MS SQL & Oracle databases.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of managing database platforms, databases but also has a good understanding in general on infrastructure and Linux and Windows OS-es in particular.
You will be primarily responsible for managing the Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL databases and associated platforms. Activities include the delivery of new solutions based on a solid design, maintaining the database environment, optimizing the environment by automation and optimization and taking part in a standby duties
On top of this you will:
- Take care of the planning and execution of change requests
- Ensure the execution and planning of LCM activities including Capacity management
- Deliver customized changes
- Deliver reports and support audit activities
- Prevent issues and execute improvements wherever possible and useful
- Support Dev teams with various kinds of requests in a professional way
Waar kom je te werken?
The database administrator team consists of four persons responsible for the delivery and operational management of all the DB’s and DB platforms within our scope.
The DBA team is part of the engineering section of the Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions team within IT next to the Linux and Windows team and is located in Diemen.
You will work directly with colleagues from both the Linux and the Windows team as well as with other operational IT departments, Solution architects and DevOps teams.
Wat breng je mee?
You are a team player and you have a hands-on mindset, a strong customer- and problem solving orientation, shows fast results, and has demonstrated good communication skills. You have strong analytical skills, want to understand and oversees complex situations. You like a challenging environment and are not afraid to take responsibility. You can coach and lead your fellow teammates when needed. You are flexible and energetic and always open to learn.
Furthermore we like to see the following competences:
- HBO level in IT
- Minimal 3-5 years of relevant work experience within an enterprise environment on both operations and Database delivery. This includes design, optimizations and tuning of databases in close cooperation with other infra and development groups
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL databases (2017 and later) and Always-On Clusters with Availability Groups.
- Experience with Oracle DB’s (19g), Oracle OVM, ADG.
- Experience with storage level snapshot technology is nice.
- Good knowledge of Window and Linux Operating systems
- Experience with SQL query’s and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) is a pre
- Basic IT Infrastructure knowledge and experience (Linux, VMWare, Networking, Monitoring, Security, Storage & Backup) is helpful.
- Strong affinity with datacenter automation, such as scripting, automatic deployment and (private) cloud solutions.
- Familiar with a DevOps and Agile frameworks.
- Experience with Cloud deployments and/or migration of DB’s to Cloud PaaS services is a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Dutch & English).
Wat bieden we jou?
- A year contract with intention to become a permanent asset in our Magenta Universe, a competitive salary, bonus and 30 (plus 1) holidays excl. fixed holidays like Christmas, Easter etc.
- Normally we would welcome you with 2000 enthusiastic and driven colleagues in our TMNL Headquarters in The Hague, but now we will welcome you from our home, waiting for the day that we can re-enter our wonderful offices.
- For us is learning the same as drinking water, coffee or tea. You are responsible for your own taste and development, so you decide how, what and when you develop yourself! We are supporting you with this via our campus; https://www.t-mobilecampus.nl
- You are in the lead, so old fashion evaluation and performance interviews are not our way of working. You make sure that your manager and your colleagues know your goals and development requests. We call this great conversations, you can find more information via; https://www.t-mobilecampus.nl/home/great-conversations/
- Online and offline Workshops, sport events, T-Schnee in wintertime (post-corona of course), drinks and amazing magenta parties organized by Young T-Mobile!
There is a lot possible within T- Mobile and you are in the Magenta driver’s seat, in this case the Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions seat! We encourage you to be enthusiastic, to challenge yourself, to be passionate and as unlimited as you can be! Create your Vision into Action, always.
Wat ga je bij ons leren?
What will you learn with us
For us, learning is just as normal as telephoning. You are responsible for your own development and you decide how, what and when you learn. We support you in this! Go to www.campus.t-mobile.nl for more information.
How do we do this?
You are in the lead, so we don't do old-fashioned performance interviews and assessments. You ensure that your manager and your colleagues are aware of your goals and development. We call this Great Conversations, more information can be found at https://www.t-mobilecampus.nl/home/great-conversations/.
Are you as excited about us, as we are about this role? Great, then we're sure to be a good match! Applying for a job with us is very easy. Send your CV and motivation, using the application button and you will receive a call from one of our recruiters. If you're still not convinced, perhaps an introduction to our CEO https://t-mobile-hq.arbeidsmarktexperience.nl/ will help!
Hoe verloopt jouw
In deze vier filmpjes neemt Martijn Smit je mee door het sollicitatieproces.
De eerste stap is een gesprek met een van de leden van het Talent and Aquisition team.
Stap twee is een gesprek met je toekomstige collega's en manager. In dit gesprek draait het om jou en jouw loopbaan.
De laatste stap in het sollcitatie gesprek is het arbeidsvoorwaarden gesprek.