Junior Designer NMS - Data & Media
Wat ga je doen?
Fault management is necessary to detect, find and resolve defects that occur in TMNL’s services and systems. Alarms are (e.g. topology) enriched and raised towards a Network Operations Center in such a way that the proper party (engineer, vendor) can use the proper process to resolve the defect. Performance management enables reporting on KPI’s that express e.g. customer quality, network capacity, network throughput etc. These reports (or the facility to create reports / drill-downs) are made available to e.g. QA teams which can track performance trends, identify areas in need of improvement and initiate improvement initiatives. Configuration management offers tools and applications for setting / updating the actual configuration of network elements. It (for example) offers a dashboard to a RAN or Packet Core team to manage the per-base station parameter configuration.
Regarding the challenges in this role you can think of:
- Complexity of the landscape: multiple vendors on multiple infrastructure/deployment models (virtualized, appliance, traditional application)
- FMC/consolidation ambition and the consequences of that for the landscape
- Tim pressure from ongoing projects and commitments
The result area of this position will be focused on Design and product development and life cycle management of:
- Performance management landscape
- Fault management landscape
- Configuration management landscape
Waar kom je te werken?
The team supports other (sub) teams that have a stake in the Network Management domain. The FCAPS network management model is mostly followed by offering and maintaining applications that enable fault management (FM), performance management (PM) and configuration management (CM). Note though that Accounting and Security management are presently not in scope for the team.
Wat breng je mee?
- Level of education and/or working and thinking level: Bachelor/Master degree level
- Years of experience: 0-3 for a junior role, 4-7 for a medior role
- Know-how of necessary programs/subjects/sector:
- Familiar with various protocols used within internet, such as: DNS, HTTP/s, TCP/IP, UDP, IP Routing, VLAN
- Basic experience with Linux and related Virtualization technologies (eg. VMWare, OpenStack, OpenShift, KVM)
- Basic programming / scripting skills
- Basic understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Ability to understand and make changes to system / application configuration in Linux
Your previous positions
Do you have experience in roles like these? Then we might already have some talking points:
- NMS Engineer
- IT application manager
- Network management system engineer
Wat bieden we jou?
There is a lot that’s possible within T-Mobile but you have to take the initiative. Be enthusiastic! Are you missing something or could something be improved? Go ahead, do it differently! It’s great when you learn from us but it is equally great when we learn from you!
Our first contact will probably be by phone (off course), for a short chat with one of our recruiters. Next there can be an interview which usually will be conducted digitally online where you will meet a manager and/or a couple of colleagues. Still interested? Then there will be a second interview (digital or face to face in the office) which will be more in-depth. When afterwards you and us are still enthusiastic, we will present you an offer in which you can become the newest member of Team Magenta!
Next to about 2000 enthusiastic colleagues we also provide the following:
- A good salary
- Performance bonus
- Pension plan
- Personal development budget
- T-Mobile subscriptions
- Freedom to work
- Very good additional discounts
Wat ga je bij ons leren?
At T-Mobile it goes without saying to keep personal development going. We have a variety of platforms to help you with your development. You are responsible in doing so and so you determine how, what and when you choose to develop. We will support you in this. So how do we do that?
YOU are in the lead, so old fashioned performance reviews and such, is not something we do. You keep your manager and colleagues informed about your goals and development. We call those discussions “Great conversations”. More about how this works you can see via:
So, … Are you just as exited about us and this role, as we are about having you on the team? Great, then we probably are a good match. Applying is very easy. Just sent your CV and motivational cover letter via the button/link and give yourself the opportunity to be part of one of the best providers of The Netherlands where you could be part of the T-Mobile family for a long time with a bright future.
This is not a project, we are in it for the long run! Aren’t you!?
Hoe verloopt jouw
In deze vier filmpjes neemt Martijn Smit je mee door het sollicitatieproces.
De eerste stap is een gesprek met een van de leden van het Talent Acquisition team.
Stap twee is een gesprek met je toekomstige collega's en manager. In dit gesprek draait het om jou en jouw loopbaan.
De laatste stap in het sollicitatiegesprek is het arbeidsvoorwaarden gesprek.