Operations Engineer Media Services (INTERIM)
Wat ga je doen?
There is a place within T-Mobile where you can watch TV all the time during working hours!;-)
T-Mobile is therefore looking for an experienced Interim Operations Engineer. The Data & Media Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance of the (TV) service. Located within the Data and Media Operations team, the operation engineers are responsible for managing and maintaining the platforms that are providing IPTV and OTT services.
The Media Operation Engineer takes a central role in the managing of all media ecosystem components (software, integration layers, appliances, client applications etc.) in the chain from content supplier providing the TV channels and media assets to the customer consuming them.
As such, the Interim Media Operations Engineer understands the high and low level architecture of these various TV ecosystem components and takes the lead in building (in cooperation with the data and media design team) and managing the platform, with focus on service stability and constant improvement of customer experience.
- Implementing and monitoring IPTV & OTT ecosystems
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- TV service troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware/software troubleshooting and repair. Provide 3rd level support
- Deployment and maintenance of service monitoring, analysis and reporting tools
- Trouble ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations
- Managing test and production environments
- Reporting on capacity and KPI management to the stakeholders
- Working with suppliers (internal or external) on resolution of defects.
- Working closely with media design engineers and developers and ensures that the product changes are deployed to production systems
- Steers continuous improvement for operational stability improvement, incident reduction, innovation and automation
Waar kom je te werken?
T-Mobile, you probably know us, the magenta phone provider. For five years in a row the fastest 4G network in the Netherlands! With our challenger mindset we challenge ourselves and the market to connect everyone with the possibilities of today.
Daring, ownership and collaboration are our core values. If you want to work for T-Mobile, this is something you recognize yourself in.
Wat breng je mee?
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based environments
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Knowledge of IPTV and OTT related technologies, products and services:
- TV middleware
- IP networking
- STB hard- and software environments
- Video workflows
- Experience with ITIL/eTOM
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Familiarity with IPTV & OTT related technologies and products
- Familiarity with DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Nagios, ELK)
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of Linux OS (Centos, RedHat).
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus
- Analytical mindset, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possesses teamwork skills.
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
Wat bieden we jou?
The opportunity to carry out a great assignment with the best telecom provider in the Netherlands!
Wat ga je bij ons leren?
For us, learning is just as normal as calling. You are responsible for your own development and you decide how, what and when you learn. We support you in this! Go to www.campus.t-mobile.nl for more information.
Start date: ASAP
Hourly rate: 90 EUR
Duration of the assignment: at least 3-6 months
Hoe verloopt jouw
In deze vier filmpjes neemt Martijn Smit je mee door het sollicitatieproces.
De eerste stap is een gesprek met een van de leden van het Talent Acquisition team.
Stap twee is een gesprek met je toekomstige collega's en manager. In dit gesprek draait het om jou en jouw loopbaan.
De laatste stap in het sollicitatiegesprek is het arbeidsvoorwaarden gesprek.